Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recent Lightening Bolts

Favorite book of the week: Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I enjoy literature not because of our view of the characters' lives, but rather our view of our lives through the characters.

Favorite movies of the week: Mona Lisa Smile, starring Julia Roberts. Fabulous show and completely opposite of what I expected. If I may share a little dialog between Roberts (Watson) and Julia Stiles (Brandwyn) as they debate motherhood and careers.

Katherine Watson: No-one's asking you to sacrifice that, Joan, I just want you to understand you can do both.
Joan Brandwyn: Do you think I'll wake up one morning and regret not being a lawyer?
Katherine Watson: Yes, I'm afraid that you will.
Joan Brandwyn: Not as much as I regret not having a family, not being there to raise them. I know exactly what I'm doing and it doesn't make me any less smart.

Any favorite books and movies to share?

No comments: